No widescreen resolution options on windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by JStans12, Feb 2, 2012.

1. JStans12 macrumors newbie

I just installed windows 7 on a partition of my 27 inch imac's hard drive. For the most part it is running smoothly but I can't find a resolution that looks right. My options are:

1920 x 1440
    1856 x 1392
    1792 x 1344
    1600 x 1200
    ... and a bunch of lower resolutions that just wont cut it.

I have searched through the advanced settings / list of all modes and there is nothing that works. I'm sure there is an easy fix, but I can't figure it out so help me please!

On a side note - if anyone could provide a link/instructions to getting the magic mouse scrolling / keyboard functions (like eject, brightness, and volume) working on windows that would be awesome.

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

You don't have the bootcamp drivers installed, hence no graphics acceleration or proper resolutions, working function keys etc.

Bootcamp drivers are on the Snow Leopard disc, not sure how you'd get them if you don't have an SL disc though (apple.com only seems to have BC updates?).

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Boot Camp Assistant in Lion (and recent versions of SL) will prompt you to create a USB flash drive that includes drivers from apple.com.

This must obviously be done under Mac OS.

B

4. JStans12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep that was the problem. I read somewhere that these drivers were unnecessary for windows 7 so i didn't bother with them. As it turns out, they fix all kinds of problems. Thanks.

5. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

lol. that website deserves this: [​IMG]