No WiFi after Bootcamp 6.0

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by naujoks, Aug 19, 2015.

1. naujoks macrumors 6502

naujoks

I updated the Bootcamp driver on my Win 10 installation on my rMB and now it can't connect to any network any more. It sees them but says "Can't connect"
    Any ideas what to try?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

A few things you can try.

1) Change power settings to 'high performance'. This will prevent Wi-Fi card throttling on battery.

2) Update the Wi-Fi drivers. We may have to find them manually. To do this, please press Cmd+R on your keyboard to bring up the Run box, then type in devmgmt.msc and press OK.

Once Device Manager is open, expand the 'Network adapters', right-click your wireless card, and click 'Properties'. Click the Details tab, and under 'Property', select the drop-down box to select 'Hardware Ids'. Please can you screenshot this and reply to this?

3) Still in Device Manager properties for the Wi-Fi card, please click the 'Power Management' tab and untick the option 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'.

4) Open Windows Update (Cmd+R, type in wuapp and hit Enter). Check all optional/important updates to see if your Wi-Fi card is listed. If it is, install these.

5) Open an elevated command prompt (search for Command Prompt in the Start Menu, and right-click/run as administrator).

Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    Then type netsh int ipv4 reset and press Enter.
    Finally, type netsh int ipv6 reset and press Enter.

6) Restart the computer.

If this hasn't worked, then the hardware IDs you'll supply will allow us to hopefully find an update from the manufacturer's website.

Speak soon.