Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ntrolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
After Updating to 4.3. Wi-fi Networks cannnot be found anymore. On the Wifi menu the circle is turning for a second, done! no other comments from the phone. Before updating everything was fine!!

Resetting the Phone and the network settings didn't solve the problem!!
Recovering the Software didnt solver the problem either!

Help is needed!

N.

Type MC131FD / Black Iphone 3Gs 16GB /July 2009/

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
After Updating to 4.3. Wi-fi Networks cannnot be found anymore. On the Wifi menu the circle is turning for a second, done! no other comments from the phone. Before updating everything was fine!!

Resetting the Phone and the network settings didn't solve the problem!!
Recovering the Software didnt solver the problem either!

Help is needed!

N.

Type MC131FD / Black Iphone 3Gs 16GB /July 2009/
Restore as new, and set up as a new phone.

Hans Brix

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
I'm experiencing a similar issue only my 3GS is on 4.3.1. I'll try the advice above tomorrow and report back.

ntrolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Good news!! WIFI Works

Bad news!! as soon as I move away from the antenna, I loose connection immediately after apr. 10 feet (Thats why I never had a WIFI connection within the last 2 weeks. since I Updated to 4.3. / 4.3.1)

Still not satisfying!

Any suggestions?

Kind Regards N.

Last edited:

wfielder84246

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2008
UK
Good news!! WIFI Works

Bad news!! as soon as I move away from the antenna, I loose connection immediately after apr. 10 feet (Thats why I never had a WIFI connection within the last 2 weeks. since I Updated to 4.3. / 4.3.1)

Still not satisfying!

Any suggestions?

Kind Regards N.

My phone is doing this too - it is very annoying. Any one know any fixes?

koruki

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2009
New Zealand
I had a perfectly working iPhone 4, was bored so I clicked yes to the 4.3.2 update and now the wifi I use in the office has gone as well as several others. The only ones that show up are strong 3 bar ones, e.g if I project a wifi off my MBP it can connect. All the wifi spots it use to detect just before the update is now gone! WTF?

themagicman00

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
I'm dealing with similar problems with my WIFI. It seems to be a jailbreak problem, here is why.
I had to restore the phone to 4.3.3 and wifi would work with no problems at all, the phone will detect absolutely everything in the air. Once I jailbroke the phone, it will not detect anything.
any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.