No WiFi on 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mraam, Feb 26, 2011.

1. mraam, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011

mraam macrumors newbie

I have a question, not sure if this is the place to put it though. *I have a jailbroken 3GS phone all works fine when not connected to my home wifi, but when I connect to my home wifi i can not do anything, everything times out, but when i turn wifi off all is good on my 3g connection. *Now I have been d/l apps and such do I have a virus ? *If I do a complete restore do I have to have the phone re-broken and then have cidia re-installed and instaus and what notand winterboard ?

I really want the speed of my wifi I miss it, oh it worked fine till last night as a matter of fact.

Thanks
    Abdi

2. apmorency macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

If it worked until last night, go back & check what you did since then. Check your router and connection out. It may not be the phone. Did you pay your cable bill?

When I updated t the new firmware and entered my wifi password & all, I typo's the password. The iPhone had the wifi signal icon but I wasn't getting any data in or out through wifi. Fine on 3G though.

3. jamied95 macrumors 6502

If you want more help I advise you change the thread title to something a little more descriptive! Then people with the know how are more likely to come a-visiting!

4. mraam thread starter macrumors newbie

apmorency, you sound like my wife, that is the first thing she says when something happens "did you pay the bill". Heheh. Yes I did, and all of the machines work fine, my wifes iphone, my ipad, my imacs just my iphone on the wifi issue.

Thanks
    Abdi

5. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If the phone is actually connecting to your home WiFi, and you are still unable to access the internet.... Reset the router, if a router reset doesn't fix it, call your service provider.

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

It would have been nice if you had included that in your first post....Reset the network settings in your phone. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

7. apmorency macrumors regular

HAHA

That's the first thing I check. I'm notoriously lazy about paying bills. I've woken up to no internet and no cable tv many times.