No WiFi setting on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Grothdmal, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Grothdmal macrumors newbie

When I first started my iPhone, it connected to the WiFi network. When I left my house for the first time it automatically used edge, which is good. The only problem now is that now it won't go back to WiFi. I can't even access the WiFi settings, I jsut get a "No WiFi" message that is un-tappable. I am not using an unlocked iPhone and I restored it several times and it still won't work. Any advice is appreciated. Here is a link to a video of the problem on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpUploqr1ls

2. DuFFy macrumors regular

what happens with you go into settings then wifi, instead of going to general then networks then wifi..

3. Grothdmal thread starter macrumors newbie

The same exact thing. Identical "No WiFi" except its under the settings not specifically network.

4. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

In the video your phone is connected to your computer. Does disconnecting it make any difference? Also just go to settings and then wifi and see if it is turned on - if is then is there a problem with whatever is broadcasting your wireless signal?

5. Grothdmal thread starter macrumors newbie

Disconnecting it doesn't make a difference.
    I can't go to settings>WiFi, the WiFi button is not there. It's just a little oval that says (Wi-Fi No Wi-Fi) I can't click on it or anything. Just a picture, not a button.

EDIT: Here's a video of me trying to click it and everything, nothing happens. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB1HlfO9LRQ

6. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Bring it in to an Apple Store, they'll give you a new phone right away.

7. Grothdmal thread starter macrumors newbie

I just got back from the apple store with a new iPhone, hopefully this one works.