No Wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrtekkid, Dec 30, 2008.

1. mrtekkid macrumors regular

Hey,

Recently I accidentally dropped my iPod touch 2g in water when I slipped on some ice. I didnt realize that it had water in it and continued to use it. It looked like on the the outside screen got wet since I had managed to catch it somewhat.

Anyhow, it worked fine for a few hours after the fact and then stopped. It was then I started to troubleshoot the fact that it was dropped in water. I couldn't get it to boot past the Apple logo so I let it sit for a few days and let it dry out.

When I picked it back up and turned it on, miraculously it turned on fine, and everything worked! Except for the Wifi. It now displays no WiFi. :(

Unfortunately the strip in the earphone jack is also the feared half white and half red color. My question is, since it works fine other than the Wifi, could I get the Apple store to replace it for me since I only got it like 3 months ago?

I know that the strip being red voids the warranty, but I am debating if it working could just be sold out as a Wifi card failing. Again, everything else runs fine. Would they be tempted to check that strip if everything else works? If not, I'm wondering if I could get that fixed by sending it out to a shop and get the Wifi card fixed. If so, what shop do you recommend?

It kinda voids the fact of having a iPOd if you don't have any Wifi, as most of my applications would no longer work anymore, which would severely bite. No more iVote? :eek:

Thanks for your help in advance and have a safe New Year everyone!

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

They always check for water damage no matter what the problem is. You won't be able to circumvent that by just saying that the wifi failed.

3. KrazyKuul macrumors regular

what do you mean half white half red?

the sensor on the top left of the ipod turns white and red?? I WANNA SEE

sorry, cant help you there, just send it in to apple.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

OP means pink ;)

5. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

well, this would be a bad idea, but try coloring the patch on the jack white .thne, take it in for failed wifi.

6. KrazyKuul macrumors regular

i saw a pic of this, nvr mind, i just wasnt sure what exactly he was talking about. never knew about the sensor before hand.

7. mrtekkid thread starter macrumors regular

It's kinda lame how easily that strip changes too... humidity can do it... or a drop of rain .... oh well... bought a new one.... selling my old 30 gig ipod video on ebay