No Windows 10 support in Bootcamp for iMac late 2009?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Sensamic, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Sensamic macrumors 68030

So I was trying to install Windows 10 in my late 2009 27 inch iMac but the apple support page about windows 10 installation through Bootcamp says my iMac is not compatible with Windows 10 through Bootcamp.

Has anybody succeeded installing it through Bootcamp?

I already have it on Parallels, but I would prefer a Bootcamp partition with Windows.

Suggestions?

2. dsudorion macrumors newbie

dsudorion

Hi, I have the same iMac. Are you on El Capitan? Maybe the problem lies in your OS version? I played it in a different way. I installed Win 7 and then updated to Win 10. But the only problem right now is that I'm missing some drivers, like WIFI. For some other I just looked around online. Though it would be better to have the right drivers from bootcamp itself, but it they didn't make it win 10 compatible.

3. TechZeke macrumors 68020

TechZeke

Just download the Windows 7/8 Bootcamp drivers from the Bootcamp assistant, then install the drivers after installing Windows 10. It will still work.

After I installed the Windows 8 drivers, everything on my 2011 iMac still works perfectly.

4. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Windows 10 will install on any Intel Mac, even the first 32bit Macs if you have the 32bit edition. Apple's documentation is just ignoring computers that Apple no longer wants to give support assistance for.