No Wireless on Windows 7

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by donjgatlin, Aug 25, 2013.

1. donjgatlin macrumors newbie

I've bootcamped Windows 7 on my Macbook air to load a few games. The issue I'm running into is that I can't find a wireless driver for the system. It's the latest Macbook Air, 2013 Haswell. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

2. ItHurtsWhenIP macrumors 6502

Did you leave all 3 boxes checked when you put the Windows ISO file on the USB drive and ran boot camp for the first time?

3. Mikael macrumors regular

If you left all the three check boxes checked in Bootcamp assistant when you created the USB stick, the drivers will be on the USB stick. Do the following:

1. Start Windows
    2. Insert the USB stick and browse it
    3. I think the Bootcamp files are located in a directory called "Bootcamp" in the root. In this directory, there should be a setup/installation executable.
    4. Execute the Bootcamp setup executable and it will install all the Windows drivers for your MBA

4. boycecodd macrumors newbie

There seems to be a problem at the moment on the 2013 Air where the wireless won't work if you reboot into Windows from OS X. If you start the machine from cold and press Option to choose the boot partition, wireless will work.

At least, that works for me.

5. randomtask macrumors member

I have the same issue, and this works for me. Have to power off and option key into windows

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

How do you reboot into Windows from OS X?

7. SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

Restart then hold the option key during the boot up. Then just select windows as the operating system.

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I thought so. That's how I get into Windows. My wifi is just fine.