No Wireless:(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Samarium, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Hello everyone, from 1 week to here, my iPhone doesnt connect to wifi. I choose which connection to enter, it checks, as usually and tell me that its connected, but the EDGE logo doesnt change to the 3 reception bars of wifi.

What should I do?

I have faced this problem before, but a soft restart fixed it.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

is the internet on wifi though even though it doesn't change?

have you tried restoring it?
    have you tried a different wireless connection?

3. Samarium thread starter macrumors 6502a

Samarium

i tried on 3 different connections. i stand in front of the router only to see if it was the reception. i cannot restore it because its a 1.0.2 jailbreaked.

4. Samarium thread starter macrumors 6502a

Samarium

i think that the only thing i can do is reboot, anyone has a guide to jailbreak 1.0.2? Should i upgrade it to 1.1.1? what happens if i fail upgrading it? can i brick my iPhone and make it obsolete? Thanks in advance.

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

restore your phone so it's like fresh, with a 1.1.2 update, then do the 1.1.2 jailbreak. there are guides all over in the hack section of these forums.

6. Samarium thread starter macrumors 6502a

Samarium

ok i tapped "*#307#" received the call, ended the call bypassed security, ended up in contacts and when i am in contacts i see that there is no EDGE icon, and suddenly it connects to the wireless connection. if anyone had my same problem please try what i did.

7. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

I have the same problem. I'm 1.3 feet from my router. The phone sees my network and it says I'm connected to it. However, the E for edge never goes away, and I clearly am not connected to WiFi, judging by the horrendous speeds.

8. Samarium thread starter macrumors 6502a

Samarium

ok buddy try this:

Put a password to your phone.(if you dont)
    lock the phone, put emergency call and type"*#307#" in less than two seconds or so, you'll receive a call, answer it, end call, youll receive another one. IGNORE it. now you have bypassed the security code, and you are in your contacts. close it,by pressing the home button, insert your code, turn wifi on, and if your lucky, your wifi will start functioning again. Thats what i did, i hope that will be the global fix for us, the ones who had/are/will suffer this problem.