Nobody is predicting new notebooks for today!

jne381

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
208
0
Grand Rapids
Nobody is predicting new notebooks for today! I find it odd since people have been expecting them to come out on every tuesday for the last four months? I think Apple is just waiting for nobody to expect their release, and this is the sure sign that they will be here today.

Damn! I guess I just blew today.
 

nodabs

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2006
112
0
PA
jne381 said:
Nobody is predicting new notebooks for today! I find it odd since people have been expecting them to come out on every tuesday for the last four months?
HAHA... you make a good point. I for one got tired of waiting and bought a 2' iMac to use in the interim (a very nice machine i might add) then once a truly updated MBP (more than just Merom) shows up i'll buy one.

This way i don't have to deal with the agony of waiting because i have a new toy to play with! :D
 

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
10,635
0
Working for MI-6
Tuesdays are a great day for new Apple products, but I doubt we will see a new MacBook Pro today, but I guess anything is possible..... :)
 

Pressure

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2006
3,933
247
Denmark
I think everyone has finally come to rest with the idea that there may be some time before we see an updated Apple notebook line featuring the Core 2 Duo.
 

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
10,635
0
Working for MI-6
Pressure said:
I think everyone has finally come to rest with the idea that there may be some time before we see an updated Apple notebook line featuring the Core 2 Duo.

How I only hope that this is indeed the case. :D :)
 

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
19,269
30
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
nodabs said:
HAHA... you make a good point. I for one got tired of waiting and bought a 2' iMac to use in the interim (a very nice machine i might add) then once a truly updated MBP (more than just Merom) shows up i'll buy one.

This way i don't have to deal with the agony of waiting because i have a new toy to play with! :D
A 2' iMac? Is that a new size?

Maybe everyone is so tired of waiting for Merom that nobody cares anymore *hopes*.
 

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
8,014
589
Pennsylvania
I read somewhere that we may have to wait until January for the Core 2 Duo because they'll come with a redesign, and aside from 64 bit computing, only offer a 7% speed increase from the core 1 duo.
 

MacBandit

macrumors 604
thejadedmonkey said:
I read somewhere that we may have to wait until January for the Core 2 Duo because they'll come with a redesign, and aside from 64 bit computing, only offer a 7% speed increase from the core 1 duo.
The small speed increase may be true but the 64bit processor is the future. I think it's a mistake to buy a 32bit processor right now as more and more software will be written with the 64bit processor in mind. The 64bit processor will have a bigger and bigger speed advantage over time.
 

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
2,139
0
Finally I have arrived.....
thejadedmonkey said:
I read somewhere that we may have to wait until January for the Core 2 Duo because they'll come with a redesign, and aside from 64 bit computing, only offer a 7% speed increase from the core 1 duo.
I hope that is true as I don't want to spend to buy Core2Duo MBP this year. If it comes out next year, that would be a good buying cycle of me (from my own self-centered perspective), as my AL 15" PB would be out of Apple Care warranty by then (so that I can move on to Intel Mac).
I don't want Apple to rush on this as customers like us do not want to get the buggy MBP/MB because of the fast-track quality control.
 

iñaki'sonMac'87

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
124
0
Barcelona
I waited for two months but finaly I gave up today, can't wait any longer to replace my PB G3, I just press the BUY button, guess that I won't be around here for a looong time... anyway, can't be happier with my birthgift... only a little dispointed with the 10 days shipping time.... I had the hope that it will be 3 weeks, or something that says "MBP with C2D"

anyway, here in spain it seems no stock availables.... fortunatly Ill get one, but now, mkore important is that my new toy arrives SOON!!!!

see ya'
 

paradillon

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2004
83
0
Well if the store isn't down tomorrow morning then I will give up on this week for the update.
 

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
274
0
New York, NY
I haven't given up yet..... but was very disappointed today. Seeing as I have already sold my iBook I need to actually get it to the buyer in the near future. The replacement is a Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro.......