Noise from Trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by toshiba70, Jan 4, 2015.

1. toshiba70 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,I have a 4 month old MBA 11.From Trackpad some noise is coming out when i just touch to trackpad.I brought my mac Into Apple store ,Genius guy told me that it is electric sound and it is normal,all Macs had it.It is really strange,I did not have that issue only about month ago i saw it.Your laptops had this kind of noise ??
    Here is video https://www.dropbox.com/s/veqw4pn5a53f8vw/Video 04-01-15 10 59 17.mov?dl=0

Now that sound disappeared,but it will come again after some period of time

2. c1phr macrumors 6502

My 2013 11" MBA has had this since day one, and Apple has had it opened up to replace the battery since then and it's still there. Doesn't bother me too much, so I just ignore it.

3. toshiba70 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeap i started to ignore it too, because Mac was not opened before.Genius Guy told that is some electric sound.All Macs had it.

4. motrek macrumors 68020

In the video it sounds like you are clicking the trackpad. Are you not clicking it?

5. toshiba70 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, i just touching.Now that sound disappeared but sometimes it is coming out.

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I occasionally have the same problem on my MBP, but it comes and goes. I have no idea what causes it unfortunately, it feels like the glass has a tiny bit of play before you actually click it (if that makes sense!).

7. c1phr macrumors 6502

This definitely sounds more plausible to me than electricity audibly arcing inside the machine.

8. jsavvy macrumors member

jsavvy

It's hard to tell from the video what exactly the noise is but I would be annoyed. I had a similar 'clicking' noise when I touched my trackpad and it annoyed me terribly. I found out that the bottom of my Air was loose and needed to get the screws tightened. Once the bottom was secured the noise was gone. Not sure if this is the same for you but it's worth checking.

9. toshiba70 thread starter macrumors newbie

The most interesting part is that i yesterday downgraded from Yosemite to Mavericks and this sound just disappeared.If the trackpad was loose so it will make that sound all the time.