Noise in headphones when keyboard opens or closes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rocko1, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Rocko1, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013

Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

iPhone 5-While using headphones I can hear a noise when the keyboard opens or closes. Sounds like a popping noise-similar to turning on an amp. It is faint, but there. Happens also 5 seconds after you stop typing but don't close keyboard and then again as the first letter is pressed(not keyboard clicking sound).

It happens when listening to music and you slide the volume bar to 0 and then just up a little bit.

Also happens when while an app is opening. Looks to be anytime something is preparing to make sound. Anyone else notice this?

2. Rocko1 thread starter macrumors 68020

Rocko1

3. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Yep, I have it too on my iPhone 5. Whenever the phone preparers to make a sound, it turns on the audio amplifier and you get a small static clicking noise. Happens on the 4S but much less pronounced. Maybe the shielding is less substantial on the 5. I am surprised more people don't pick up on it.

Very easy to hear on the contacts screen and you switch back and forth to the keypad screen.