Noise: Microsoft 600 kb vs Apple USB kb

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by flopticalcube, Sep 24, 2011.

1. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

If anyone has owned both, could you comment on the noise/keyfeel of both these keyboards. I'm building some PCs and need a quiet kb and anything at least as quiet as the Apple one's will do.

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I wouldn't recommend an Apple keyboard on a windows box and vice versa. I spent the money to get Apple keyboards for our Mac minis despite the fact I had working usb "windows" keyboards lying around. In fact I threw so many of them away when a friend needed a replacement keyboard, I had to go out and buy one because all my windows keyboards had bitten the dust. I never owned a Microsoft keyboard but I have owned a few of their mice. In my experience, both Logitech and MS make better mice than Apple. But when it comes to keyboards, I always use Apple keyboards on my Macs.

My wife prefers this one...
    [​IMG]

But I prefer this one...
    [​IMG]

While it might be a good choice for a PC, there is no way I would want to use this kb on a Mac...
    [​IMG]

3. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

I actually use the aluminum Mac keyboard with windows PCs. I think the Mac keyboard is pretty quiet and that's the reason I went with it instead of the regular keyboard for windows. There are some functions that do not work such as print screen but it's no big deal if you don't use it. I must also add that I don't own a Mac and all my computers are windows based so that in itself tells you how well this keyboard works for me.

4. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

Have you looked at Logitech too? I've always been very happy with stuff from them.