Noisier Imac 24 after Leopard installation

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jose L Martinez, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Jose L Martinez macrumors newbie

I had an upgrade installation on my white Imac 24, and since the, my Imac fells quite noisier.

I really cannot tell if this is just a fan noise (tried to get them up and down with fan control, but nothing) or perhaps some static, but it is certainly noisier than with tiger.

I'll try to reset PRAM to see what happen, but have no hope. This is really pissing me off. It's just like having a PC again!.

Any ideas or similar experiences?.

Thanks,

Jose

2. joebells macrumors 6502

3. Jose L Martinez thread starter macrumors newbie

I hope it's not, since it's being this way since yesterday, and cannot see anything in the activity monitor.

I've already reset the SMC, PRAM, and nothing.

Any ideas?

Jose

4. typerlover macrumors regular

My fans on my MBP have been running off and on, much more than usual.

It picks up especially when TimeMachine starts running. Who was the genius to decide to have it run every hour, without an option to adjust the intervals.

5. Jose L Martinez thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep. I put the Time Machine Trigger in "No" but still got the noise. I did so just after installation, when I noticed the noise.

Jose

6. Sic macrumors 6502

yeah, my CPU fan has been going crazy - it's at just over 2k rpm now, having just come down from 6k with only safari and twitterific running! I really like Leopard, and really enjoy the new features, but I'm not sure if I can put up with this.

ooh, it's on its way back up again! :/

7. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Same thing here, my fans (MB in sig) have been going nuts since the upgrade, its really annoying me, hopefully a fix will be out soon!! Only downside of the OS so far,

SHadoW

8. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

LOL. total overkill. i submitted a suggestion to apple feedback about the need to let the end user adjust the backup intervals. if they don't fix it i will probably just go back to superduper! never had an issue with it. they really used time machine to dumb it down...

9. Jose L Martinez thread starter macrumors newbie

The thing keeps going even after a clean reinstall. Will go back to 10.4, but I have no faith in getting back my silent imac...

Damn.

Jose

10. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun

If I ever had fan issues, resetting the NVRAM sorted it.

11. Jose L Martinez thread starter macrumors newbie

Done so 2 times. Tried with the command, alt p and r, resetting and hearing the chime, but nothing. The humming continues as always.

jose

12. Jose L Martinez thread starter macrumors newbie

The sound now is cyclic and remind me of a bad power source. I'm really freaked now...