noisy appletv

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Dingo Dave 69, May 5, 2008.

1. Dingo Dave 69 macrumors regular

I have a 40GB appleTV and a few weeks ago I noticed its making more noise than it used to. I can constantly hear it and there doesn't seem to be anyway to make it quiet. If there is nothing else on in the room its very obvious to hear and I wondered if this was normal. The unit is working fine but its just a bit disappointing that its making a noise.

2. MikieMikie macrumors 6502a

Take it back. There's something amiss.

They are (nearly) silent, and should stay that way.

3. Robbadore64 macrumors regular

Agreed, return that bird. My 3 week old appleTV all the sudden stopped responding entirely to the remote (the signal light would blink when I pressed a button but nothing happened). I had to set up an appt with a genius later that day but they were pretty busy and just wanted me to leave happy and gave me a brand new one.

Worse case is you'll have to make an appointment for them to listen to the noise, then they'll surely replace it. Hopefully you have an apple store near you, also, I would recommend calling that store to set up an appointment to save you an extra trip.

Good luck.

4. AndyTR32 macrumors newbie

Just for the record, I just got a 40 gig ATV for my bday yesterday and have a very noticeable loud noise. The noise is intermittent and sounds like something in the hard drive. I'll be exchanging it today.

5. tom1971 macrumors 6502a

Definitely not - return it.