noisy fan? speakers gurgling/sizzling?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bigchunk83, Sep 26, 2010.

1. bigchunk83 macrumors newbie

I am new to this forum. My macbook pro has been great for 6 months, bought it refurbed.

Just recently, a hum started, I think that is just the fan. It seems to want to keep running, though it does not seem too hot. But the really weird thing when i hit volume up or down or turn on music the speakers whine and make mysterious noises quietly. Like extraterrestrial alien noises from out of this universe, if I mute, it doesn't really go away. But playing with the volume up and down, changes the sounds. sounds like a dying lamb or something. I am a bit worried, although not too too loud, definitely audible and worrisome. All, or any advice/tips are appreciated.

2. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

Like a dying lamb, eh?? I am laughing pretty hard here, although I know this isn't really a funny deal.

3. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

And you would know what a dying lamb sounds like, why?

4. alexpja macrumors member

XD @ige

Would the dying lamb be Man Lamb on Onverse? ;)

5. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Please don't put in references from other things that I take part in on MacRumors. Kthxbai. :D

6. bigchunk83 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, so I don't think I can attach an mp3... for those of you who have not yet heard the dying lamb sound. And also, discovered the 'hum' I thought was a fan, goes away if you plug in a speaker/headphone (along with the herd...) then the noise goes the external speaker (even with volume muted)