Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigchunk83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2010
I am new to this forum. My macbook pro has been great for 6 months, bought it refurbed.

Just recently, a hum started, I think that is just the fan. It seems to want to keep running, though it does not seem too hot. But the really weird thing when i hit volume up or down or turn on music the speakers whine and make mysterious noises quietly. Like extraterrestrial alien noises from out of this universe, if I mute, it doesn't really go away. But playing with the volume up and down, changes the sounds. sounds like a dying lamb or something. I am a bit worried, although not too too loud, definitely audible and worrisome. All, or any advice/tips are appreciated.

bigchunk83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2010
ok, so I don't think I can attach an mp3... for those of you who have not yet heard the dying lamb sound. And also, discovered the 'hum' I thought was a fan, goes away if you plug in a speaker/headphone (along with the herd...) then the noise goes the external speaker (even with volume muted)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.