Noisy superdrive at bootup for 1-2 secs??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lyngstad, May 3, 2010.

1. lyngstad macrumors newbie

Hi,

Yesterday I just received my MacBook Pro i7.. What I first noticed was a kind of ugly noise coming from the superdrive. I did not suspect the superdrive to make such a loud and ugly sound at boot up? It only last like 1-2 seconds, but still kind of annoying when thats the only noise this machine actually makes..

One other thing I realized was that when having magification on dock and when entering my docs, apps and such the menu lags pretty much on the animations.. Can this be the integrated intel hd that can't handle the OSX animations?

Im used to a 27" iMac i7 with 8GB so I might be a bit spoiled when it comes to performance compared to the MacBook Pro. But still have I never heard the same loud noise from the Superdrive on my 27" iMac?

I would appreciate if anyone would let me know if my superdrive is unusually loud...

Thank you! :)

2. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

It's normal, and the noise varies depending on the manufacturer of the Superdrive thats in your MBP.

3. lyngstad thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, well good to know.. Thank you for answering my question, I appreciate it.. Im considering buying a slimline blu-ray drive for it too. But I havent been able to find anything. Do you know where I might find it?

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

They don't make one that fits the MacBook Pro.