Noisy White MB

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by msb65, Apr 19, 2009.

1. msb65 macrumors member

Hi Everyone,

I have a brand new (~ month) White MB. Recently I have noticed what I would describe as electronic noise, crackling, etc. coming from the top left of the keyboard. It is subtle, and therefore I do not know if it has done this the entire time and I just now noticed it. However, it is loud enough to hear in a quiet room.

Are there other MB users out there that have experienced this? I guess I would like to make sure if it is either normal noise or something I should have repaired.

2. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Close the lid of the computer but not so much the laptop goes to sleep and put your ear to the grille on the left hand of the back of the keyboard. If the crackling sounds louder through that grille, chances are the speaker was popped.

3. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Just listened to the top left of my Whitebook (of two weeks old), and I can also hear it. It just sounds like the computer working away. Nothing to worry about. At least it's quieter than a desktop computer :D

4. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

Sometime I hear something very faint when the computer is plugged in....

5. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

I haven't noticed the crackling sound, but I have noticed that the fan on my new whitebook can get incredibly loud from websurfing. :(