Noki Hd Theme - Battery drain

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sammieboy, Apr 3, 2012.

1. sammieboy macrumors member

Does anyone have the Noki Hd theme installed and running Winterboad experiencing any unusual battery drain? Everytime I turn on Winterboard, loading only the Noki HD theme, I notice an accelerated drain in battery. When I turn it off, the problem goes away. It doesnt make any sense though, b/c I am not running any widgets etc. I researched the Winterboard battery drain issue on this forum and I have received mixed opinions. Some claim that Winterboard is the culprit, while others dismiss it and say that Winterboard should be fine unless a theme has a ton of widgets. The Noki theme does not have any widgets. Thanks for any response.

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

I am using the noki hd theme on my iPhone 4 .

Ive been using it now for about 2 months now, and can see no added battery drain.

I also have the weather widget activated which shows the date, time and weather on my home screen which will use more power to update.

On the theme i have the following checked;

noki.facet-v2.sb
    noki wallpaper
    noki.undockediconslabels
    noki hd

The only thing that winterboard affected for me what to introduce a slight lag, which was resolved by installing barrel, which is a known issue and resolution.

Ensure you have the fully paid for version ,and not a cracked copy.

Obviously you have to have winter board to use this theme although you state you can turn it off, which I'm not aware was possible to disable winter board, i presumed one would have to remove it via cydia.

Maybe you could start looking at your most recent tweak downloads to see if these add more strain to your battery.

3. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

Also been using Noki HD for a number of months on various devices and no issues, over night battery drainage 1-2%..

EDIT: @bandofbrothers, thanks for the barrel tip. I've also noticed the lag scrolling between home screens which barrel seems to either mask or eliminate altogether...

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Welcome.

Perhaps look at , fakeclockup

This quickens up the animations of the iPhone.

5. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

Been using Fakeclockup for a while now, one of my all time favorite tweaks of all time... especially effective on the 4s but goes a long way to refreshing the user experience on an aging 3GS too...

Just an issue I'm experiencing with Barrel and the no icon label tweaks, undocked icon labels remain :confused:

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Have you tried the Springtomize 2 tweak ?

7. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

A while ago yes.

An impressive piece of software but I found it surplus to my needs. All I really been using now is Infinidock, Infinifolder, foldercloser and the no icon label tweaks native to Winterboard.

8. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

Installed no dock label for iOS5 and she's working!! :)