Nokia 3220

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Hi all,
I just picked up a nokia 3220 for 100 euros. It has a video recorder and camera. Is it compatible with mac(iphoto and imovie)?
Also the nokia USB transfer cable is 54 euros which is nuts, do I need the nokia cable or can I just pick one up at a local computer store, the reason I ask this is cuz the port from the phone to the USB cable is wierd and I want to know if I have to fork out 54 euros cuz maybe only nokia cables work with it.

EDIT: the camer takes .jpg(100% compatible) but the videos are 3GP format, never heard ofr 3GP is that compatible with my ibook?

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
You can get a data cable for that phone for far cheaper than 54 euros on ebay maybe as cheap as 10 euros....Should work with your ibook, but not sure, anyhow get a cheap data cable off ebay and see if it works...and yes 3gp can be played by quicktime..

ShadOW :eek:

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
shadowmoses said:
You can get a data cable for that phone for far cheaper than 54 euros on ebay maybe as cheap as 10 euros....Should work with your ibook, but not sure, anyhow get a cheap data cable off ebay and see if it works...and yes 3gp can be played by quicktime..

ShadOW :eek:
Ebay isnt an option I go on a trip in 4 days and I dont have time, I was just wondering if they sell generic cables which has the correct port to connect to my phone.

ttrtilley

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2003
If this phone had BlueTooth, it could communicate with a Mac.
But it doesn't, and you need more than a USB cable.
What software did you plan to use to transfer your photos?