Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryankul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2014
Michigan
Ended up getting an unlocked Nokia 3110. Thought I'd hate going back to a feature phone but surprisingly it's not that bad so far. My biggest concern was if I'd hate texting on it. Although nowhere as fast as my smartphone messaging its still easily doable. Battery life is insanely good as one might expect. It's pretty great going days inbetween charges. Voice calls seem louder and clearer compared to my smartphones i have on hand. Going to try to use my phone for calls and texts and the Amazon Fire 7 for movies, games, apps etc. Now I'm on the hunt for a super cheap plan for the Nokia. Tracfone has 300mins, 500 texts and basic data for $15 per month. More of an experiment then anything but pleasantly surprised so far. Anyone else have a basic phone and then use a tablet/Chromebook/computer to help supplment having a dumb phone lol?

Reactions: z970

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Ooh no I couldn’t do it. It would drive me nuts knowing I had a phone that could do it all then have to rely on a big tablet for social media carrying that around. Not to mention the convenience of a decent camera on a smart phone is paramount to me.

I like to look back with the nostalgia of the old 3210 and 3310 etc when that was all we had as young adults!

Reactions: ryankul

ryankul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2014
Michigan
Ooh no I couldn’t do it. It would drive me nuts knowing I had a phone that could do it all then have to rely on a big tablet for social media carrying that around. Not to mention the convenience of a decent camera on a smart phone is paramount to me.

I like to look back with the nostalgia of the old 3210 and 3310 etc when that was all we had as young adults!

Camera is definitely crucial. For phone calls and texts I was fine. Then you start to miss things like banking, social media, audio streaming and more. Battery life is phenomenal though. Wish they made this with some basic apps built in rather then just web links. Good feature phone for 50ish bucks.

Reactions: z970
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.