nokia. 5800 just doesn't have sex appeal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by needthephone, Oct 3, 2008.

1. needthephone macrumors 6502a

the new nokia touchscreen looks very ordinary. The icons look clumsy and it looks too thick. It doesn't have that x factor, the must have one appeal which only apple seems to be able to offer .

It does have turn by turn gps though which is sorely missing on iphone

2. BongoBanger macrumors 68000

BongoBanger

3. Aurial macrumors 6502

It has several other things which are sorely missing on the iPhone:

- Unlimited free music downloads
    - 3.2 MP camera with autofocus and Carl Zeiss optics
    - Copy and Paste
    - Multi tasking
    - TomTom
    - Flash 9
    - Expandable memory and removable battery
    - Availability of Office suites
    - Out of the box tethering on any network (not always allowed, but you can do it anyway)
    - Full bluetooth 2.0 support with A2DP and OBEX
    - Better battery life

I could go on.

4. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Agreed, and after a year and some months with the iPhone, it's really loosing its sex appeal. Now it's just a big expensive, uninsured Razr.

5. Padraig macrumors 6502a

Judging by the videos on Engadget it would seem the device still needs some work. As a nokia fan I wouldn't consider buying one as it's little more than a test bed for what's coming down the line. As for sex appeal, bare in mind that this is a relatively cheap mid-level phone.

6. sjo macrumors 6502a

i think it looks very nice and at that price it will certainly be a hit. if the information some previews are giving out is correct and comes with music is included in the price it's very tempting offer. for the price of ipod touch you'll get nice phone, dap, gps, decent autofocusing camera, 3g, one years worth of music etc etc.

7. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

It looks nice all right and the feature list is cool too (I doubt the DRM issue with the comes with music thingy) but seemingly Nokia has become a synonym for FAT these days and this new iPhone killa just doesnt help in proving otherwise.....

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    The iPhone's like a very sexy girl with lots of promises of good times, and a father who has hissy fits when you want to keep her out late.

After a while, you realize the other slightly less pretty girls, but with smarts, extra abilities and an easy going family, look nice too.

All depends on what you need/want.

:D

9. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Lol. Good analogy. :D

We all dream of the sexy girl that has all the extras of the less pretty ones though, that's why we persevere. ;)

10. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Yeah shame they used a resistive touchscreen instead of a capacitive one but then again no one has gotten the capacitive touchscreen down like Apple. Also what's with the Guitar pick as a stylus?

Amen

11. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

+1

12. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

The Maytag Superstack washer/dryer combo has no sex appeal either. But it does have an Intellifill water level sensor, which is sorely missing from the iPhone.

13. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

+100 :D

14. BongoBanger macrumors 68000

BongoBanger

Actually resistive touchscreens are the preference in Asia and Europe because you can use a stylus to enter handwriting - particularly useful for Kanji or Chinese writing.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about capacitive screens. They're OK and a bit quicker but have their own problems - no haptic feedback option, don't work with gloves, etc.

As for the plectrum, it's a cheesy gimmick which they need to lose.

15. tomashi macrumors regular

people on this board really need to stop using analogies.

16. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I know. It's like when some restaurant comes out with a good chicken dinner and then some people gotta slam it because they like another one better.