Nokia BH-905 and iOS 5.0.1 problem.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by blueroom, Jan 13, 2012.

1. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I recently bought a BH-905 as a Bluetooth headset for my iPhone 4 (iOS 5.0.1) and to my dismay it has a problem that has plagued that particular combination since iOS 4.3.
    Audio problem BH-905

It moves the balance over to the left ear, even moving the balance in settings doesn't do the trick. Repairing Bluetooth may fix it for a moment but it eventually starts playing out the left side.

It's not a BH-905 issue as the headset works great on OSX Lion and phones that are not iOS based. It works fine in the wired mode, it's Bluetooth that's the problem. Something to do with how iOS sees the headset profile.
    My BH-503 really nice headset minus noise reduction doesn't have this problem. I hope Apple will fix the A2DP stack in an upcoming iOS update.

2. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

I used the BH-905s for a couple months and never had that problem. It could be the headphones.

3. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

Yep, mine work great too. To use them, I turn on the headphones first, wait 5-7 secs and then turn on the iPhone's bluetooth and then press the play button to get it to work properly...

4. blueroom thread starter macrumors 603

blueroom

Seems the problem persists no matter how I try to pair it. The audio balance favors the left side when in bluetooth only. Pairing isn't a problem. Annoying as hell, my old BH-503 works flawlessly.

5. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

I used my headphones today and did notice that the left is a little dominate. But, I guess its a non factor to me.

6. blueroom thread starter macrumors 603

blueroom

Plug in the cable, it'll sound normal again.

It's something to do with the way the iOS identifies the bluetooth device. Headphones and Headsets are two different things and there seems to be no way to override it in either the headphones or iOS.