Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Reportedly, this is a pretty ordinary phone with some avant garde design features. An end to bitching about a $500 iPhone, I feel.

I dunno, people bitch about it because they want it, but they don't want to pay $500.

Before the iPhone was announced, I was ready to buy a $700 Nokia Smartphone. Then the iPhone was announced, and I decided I would wait until I could see an iPhone in person before buying. It is entirely possible that if I don't like the iPhone for some reason, I'll go get that $700 Nokia. (N95,) which, in spite of Apple's claim that the iPhone will be the first phone with a "real" web browser, includes a web browser (that has Flash,) based on the same core as Safari. So, ironically, Nokia has been "field testing" the iPhone's browser for some time now. (I've played with the Nokia browser, and I hope the iPhone suports the features that the Nokia one has, like the 'zoomed out' web page view.)

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
(I've played with the Nokia browser, and I hope the iPhone suports the features that the Nokia one has, like the 'zoomed out' web page view.)

if you mean the ability to view an entire web page on the screen at once, and then be able to selectively zoom in to view any section you want, the iphone does have this. watch the keynote - steve demos this feature live. actually, it's in the iphone overview section of apple.com as well - see the "breakthrough internet device" section and watch the safari demo.

sjo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2005
Reportedly, this is a pretty ordinary phone with some avant garde design features. An end to bitching about a $500 iPhone, I feel.

1. Nokia 8000-series phones have been in the €700-800 range for years, so the price is not really news. These phones just are not for everybody and priced accordingly. No-one expects 10m of these to be sold. Nokia has plenty of models that sell 10s of millions, and some models that sell 100s of millions.

2. an expensive phone doesn't really get less expensive after another, even more expensive one, is introduced :)

3. if you feel second point doesn't hold, just check the vertu line and you'll feel much more conformtable with the pricetag of iphone ;)

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
When I saw the price tag, I figured it might be something cool or very different. But, what is so special about that phone ? No way in hell is it worth that much, crap that phone isn't even worth $200.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i don't care if a phone is priced high, if it has the features and such that warrant it. the iPhone is totally worth its price, this isn't though. :p
and i don't even want an iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.