Nokia E61 now or Nokia N95 later?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by timmillwood, May 13, 2007.

1. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

I am due for an Upgrade on Three.

i would like a Symbian series 60 phone so i can make use of Skype, and Slingbox which Three offer.

But should i go for...
    Nokia N95 - Inbuilt GPS, 5MP camera
    Nokia E61 - External GPS (free), No camera, qwerty keyboard

The N95 isnt out yet so that would mean waiting so I am tempted to go for the E61.

2. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

It depends on how much you value a QWERTY keyboard. If you can't live without, wait for the E90. N95 in a clamshell. (Minus 2MP of camera res)

3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I believe the N95 will be out on Three shortly, so you might as well hang on for it :)

Have you considered switching to another network?

4. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

I expect the N95 will launch on Rogers in 3-5 years. By then my contract will be up. Yay.

5. timmillwood thread starter macrumors 6502a

i wanna stick with three because they offer really good deals, but i do not wanna buy sim free cos it costs too much.

i think i have to decide what i am better of with a qwerty keyboard or a camera...

i am thinking a qwerty keyboard, cos i MSN and SMS more than i take photos.

also the external sat nav from tomtom seems better than the internal on from Nokia.

The E90 looks good, but by the time that comes out there will be the 3g iPhone in the UK.

6. joquim macrumors newbie

It's upto you, which one u would like to have.....just dont be keen on buying anything just for the heck of it ...give it a thought before u zero on anything.I personally would recommend N95 to u....coz its got some Quality features in it and besides that the overall look itself is so fascinating....i am giving a thought of buying one of those....
    Best of luck

7. dcv macrumors G3

The N95 is overrated in my opinion. I was waiting for its release then had a play with one in the Orange shop and wasn't impressed. Software seemed very slow and the build quality very poor compared to Sony Ericsson handsets. Have you actually tried one out? I'm not a Nokia fan at all but there was so much hype surrounding this phone that I thought I'd give it a look, but meh... definitely sticking with SE...

8. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

My vote goes to the E61. I've owned one since last September and it really is a great phone. THe keyboard is fantastic, but make sure you get a decent data plan with it as you'll be wanting to make use of that huge screen for browsing, email, etc.

9. kristiano macrumors regular

The n95 is a tad pricey but it's the best phone I've ever used. Picked it up here in Asia about a month and a half ago.

10. timmillwood thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got myself an E61 coming in the moring.

I came to the conclusion that the qwerty keyboard is the best feature a phone can have.

I got it for free, with free tomtom

500 mins and 100 txt for £14 a month!

i am paying an extra £5 a month for data with a 1gb fair use policy.

11. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I LOVE the Nokia N95. I'm hoping by this time next year it will be affordable on a plan because thats when my contract is up :D

12. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Well, they certainly can't be faulted on the value of that deal! Let us know how you get on :)

13. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

E61i has a camera ( the updated E61 ).

N95 has a slightly better version of Symbian and Series60 - including an upgraded browser, faster start up time and UI improvements.

14. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

...1GB of data for $11/month? :( In Canada we pay $110 per month for 250MB of Blackberry data. Not to mention our phones suck.

15. timmillwood thread starter macrumors 6502a

Three are great value and all you have to do is put up with indian call centres.

I am very tempted to sell the E61 and my old SE K800i and get the E61i direct from nokia.

I think i could live without the camera but i would be nice.

Just gotta wait for the postie now!

16. Donnacha macrumors regular

Who are you with?