Nokia E61i

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by airkarol, Oct 6, 2007.

1. airkarol macrumors 6502

Hey,

I've been looking into a new cell phone, I currently have a Motorola SLVR.

Has anyone experienced the Nokia E61i? Is it Mac Friendly?

Thanks

2. hidehide macrumors 6502

Is that all Americans like those phone with keyboard on it??
    In my opinion, its very ugly..
    If you are going to buy Nokia, why dont you think of N95? Its very nice too. 3G, 5.0MP, wifi, lots of other stuff :)

3. moniker macrumors member

The E61 is quite Mac friendly and it is a very good phone too. The E61i is great as a business and workhorse device, while the N95 is better as a consumer device. The main trouble with the N95 as a business device is that its battery doesn't last nearly as long as the one in the E61i. One of the features that I use the most on the E61i is the voice recorder button on the side. It's so convenient to be able to quickly and easily record a "note to self" while on the go without having to hunt through menus for the voice recorder app.

I have both and generally prefer the E61i. Typing on a "real" keyboard is so much faster than using T9.

To hidehide: I'm in Europe. Looks has nothing to do with whether a phone is "better" or more convenient to use. The main advantages of the N95 is it's smaller (but thicker) size, its GPS and its camera, which is very good.

4. airkarol thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your input. Even on the phone now I don't use T9, instaed I'll hit the number 4 times for a certain letter :D. And since you're in Europe, I'm guessing that this phone works on frequencies used overseas? I don't need a great camera on the phone because I have a digital camera. Also, the GPS would be nice, but I can get a bluetooth one for $30. Another thing against the N95 is the price, It will cost me at least $200 more. I also completely agree about the looks. Although it's nice to have a sharp phone, I always pick the features over the looks.

Thanks a lot.