Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
Anyone use or own a Nokia Lumia? If so, I'd love to read a list of your pros/cons on it vs an iPhone.

There is a ton of discussion going around the SGS3 vs iPhone, but not much in the way of the Lumia (windows OS) vs the iPhone.

I am strongly considering the Lumia 920 over the iPhone 5, but I'd like to see if those here experienced the Windows OS environment and have any comparisons they could share.

Thanks

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Anyone use or own a Nokia Lumia? If so, I'd love to read a list of your pros/cons on it vs an iPhone.

There is a ton of discussion going around the SGS3 vs iPhone, but not much in the way of the Lumia (windows OS) vs the iPhone.

I am strongly considering the Lumia 920 over the iPhone 5, but I'd like to see if those here experienced the Windows OS environment and have any comparisons they could share.

Thanks

How can you consider the Lumia over the iPhone when it hasn't even been officially announced?:confused:

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
How can you consider the Lumia over the iPhone when it hasn't even been officially announced?:confused:

The 920/iP5 isn't out yet; however, the 900 series/iP4s has been out. I also asked for reader experiences/pros/cons on the Windows OS.

You don't get a gold star today due to poor reading & comprehension. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Big.Mac.Daddy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2012
Windows phone lacks the basic feature of bluetooth keyboard support (unlike the iPhone and Android) so its a nogo for me until it does.

The sad part is that Windows Phone 6.5 used to have this ability... just that Microsoft is too lazy to add the simple drivers to Windows phone 7 - 8 :(

IJBrekke

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2009
Long Beach, CA
Wirelessly posted

I've played around with the 900 numerous times and love the form factor. The OS is a nice contrast to iOS5 and is better than Android for my taste.

The two things that turned me off were the specs (hopefully fixed with the 920) and the lack of support in their app store (still a problem). I also would need to stop using iTunes, a program I've now used for 10 years.

The 920 looks like an extremely good device, but like all of these threads it comes down to this: Are you willing to leave the Apple ecosystem?

I must admit the Lumia looks pretty slick. My friend has one, he is a HUGE microsoft fanboy (yes they exist!), and he's been trying to lure me over to WP for ages.

I've tinkered with his for a few minutes, and it's definitely quite a different experience than iOS. I feel that it's a bit more complicated, but a bit more integrated. iOS keeps everything segmented and boxed off which keeps simplicity but also is a bit limiting.

The 920 camera seems pretty awesome too.

Windows phone lacks the basic feature of bluetooth keyboard support (unlike the iPhone and Android) so its a nogo for me until it does.

...Do people actually hook up keyboards to their phone? I don't get it

Big.Mac.Daddy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2012
Do people actually hook up keyboards to their phone? I don't get it

It's pretty convenient to have a small folding bluetooth keyboard small enough to fit in a back jeans pocket that you can take to college courses and type lecture notes (so you don't miss anything) instead of having to lug around a laptop. Or to use it to type a paper on the go while your desktop is as home.

Each OS update (in this case windows phone 6.5 -> 7) is supposed to ADD new features, not take them away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.