Nokia Phone Sync w/ Mac?

Dynamyk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Toronto
I bought a 6101, it doesn't have bluetooth but I would like to sync it with my Mac via USB cable, the only thing I don't know if the Nokia Software will work on a Mac. Does anyone have a Nokia phone and any suggestions on how to go about this.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
As far as I know, the Nokia software only supports Windows. iSync does not list the 6101 as a compatible device and the only other option that I know of, PhoneDirector, does not list the 6101 as a supported device.

I'm sorry to say that it looks as though you would not be able to sync it with your Mac unless someone else knows of some other software for it.

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2004
UK
I'm almost certain the Nokia software won't work. But its worth a try connecting the cable to your Nokia and plugging it in the Mac. The Mac may allow the phone to be mounted and show it on the desktop. If this is the case you can then navigate through certain parts of your phone.

dfwpiper1

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2006
I have a Nokia 6101 and a mac. I bought a CA-42 cable praying the mac/isync or something would recognize it at least. No dice. Looks like my only hope is the Datapilot software..which is like fifty bucks...or getting a new phone. Big thumbs down to Nokia for being such ignorant bastards to such a large percentage of computer users.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.