Nokia Searay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmpnop, Oct 2, 2011.

1. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Mango and the Windows Marketplace aren't even in the same class as its and the App Store yet. Nowayare they ready to compete against Android and iOS.

3. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Regardless of phone company, it's the OS that's going to win over customers. It's going to be near impossible for any new OS to compete with iOS and Android.

4. Azadre macrumors 6502

WP7 will win against Android.

I want this phone.

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

Nokias first windows phones are going to be Mango phones. Unless they have some special deal with microsoft (which they are actually rumored to), this is fake. Why? because black is not a them option on WP7.5, and that is what the phone in this image is using.

EDIT: Nevermind, did some research and found that ANY OEM, not just Nokia, is allowed to add custom theme colors if they wish. (Thanks a lot samsung, giving me nothing)

----------

most of the reviewers of Mango are already calling it second best to iOS, and the only reason iOS is superior is app selection. I personally find Mango (and NoDo for that matter) superior to iOS 4. But what I've seen of iOS 5 makes me believe it will once again claim top dog. Android is far and away the inferior operating system for most of the market (read: not tech geeks). It takes too much work to make it usable for most people (the crappy skins mean you need to flash a vanilla android ROM, etc). I unfortunately don't believe windows phone will ever overtake android, but it is certainly a far better OS

----------

that isn't true (of the OS at least). Mango is ready to compete with both, it is on par with iOS and superior to android. The app store selection is perfectly fine for most people, and a lot of the tasks you use an individual app for on iOS or android (QR code reading, voice nav, picture search, identify song, etc) is built into the bing search now. iOS is still superior because of its app store selection, but I would never again recommend Android to someone who simply does not want iOS. Windows Phone is now the best alternate option

6. Savor Suspended

Savor

Nice black theme.

I like that it looks alot like the N9, but I think I would the screen would be too puny. Of course, you can get away with it being that WP7 has the bigger icons in the homescreen.

The thing with Android vs WP7 is while I prefer the latter and believe it is the superior OS, I like the former's hardware and customization the best. I am really not into alot of social networking. I am not on Facebook anymore and rarely glance on my Twitter. Microsoft does have the better software that seems faster and more stable with a better ecosystem in place. But Android has better specs, more differentiation with their phones, and you can make some of the UI more beautiful if you customize it with special themes.

I have studied and studied both OSes and read into their messageboards. I will likely own BOTH someday since they are the two I have never owned. Been on Symbian, BB OS, iOS, and webOS though.

7. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

WP7 will need a heck of a lot of support from carriers to do that and carriers have yet to show much support to give WP7 some traction. In fact almost every carrier salesman I've talked to whenever I was looking at WP7 phones tried to dissuade me from WP7 phones, telling me how cool Androids are. Interestingly none of them tried to convince me to buy an iPhone.

8. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

Yep. Thats why Microsoft has made it more of a priority to educate salesmen lately and make sure phone displays are done right. Totally necessary for WP to succeed.

9. jaytv111 macrumors regular

love the look. Nokia stop taking so long! release it already!

Between iOS 5, Android Ice Cream Sandwich, and Windows Phone Mango, it's so hard to choose :)

10. scott craft macrumors 6502a

I can't wait for a windows 7 phone with a dual core processor. My trophy flies on mango. To me the only thing keeping this os from really taking off is lack of advertising. New apps are arriving everyday and the os itself is extremely fast and smooth. Overcoming carrier bias is going to be tough, especially at Verizon.

11. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Mango is ready to compete, it's a very solid OS and offers a lot more functions straight out of the box. iOS has the juggernaut that is the App Store, but to be honest, almost all of the apps I use on a regular basis have WP7 counterparts. WP7 also has the fastest growing app store, and they have recently released developer tools to make converting iOS apps a simple process. All they really need now is carrier support and more advertising.

12. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Ahh Nokia..should've took heed a long time ago. RIP

13. FmaxTurboSi macrumors regular

I'm sorry, but what's a NOKIA? Is that some brand that's exclusive to Europe? ;)

14. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

Dont expect a dual core WP yet. Microsoft stated the gained performance wasnt worth the extra battery drain. Most phones that have been leaked/revealed seem to just boost the clock speed and use the newer processors.

WP7 doesnt need all the extra power like Android to run smoothly anyways.

15. scott craft macrumors 6502a

I can't upgrade until July so there should be some really nice stuff out then. As far as speed WP7 is incredibly fast. Before I upgraded to mango my trophy was faster than any android phone verizon sells (haven't played with the bionic so I can't really include that one) and now it's even faster.

16. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If you can for a second step out of your warm and fuzzy Apple box you will see that a phone and it OS is not entirely dependent on the software library.

About 80% of the software in the app store is crap. I found everything I needed with ease in the app store at Android for my SG2 and I am sure people will be writing plenty of apps for Windows phones.

Windows phones will be a player, like it or not. Sure they are late coming to the party but Microsoft has plenty of money to make it a success! Mango is going to be VERY nice:p