Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Nomad, known for its range of high-quality Apple accessories, today unveiled a set of new Rugged Cases designed for the AirPods Pro.

The AirPods Pro cases are an iteration of the AirPods cases that Nomad has designed for Apple's standard AirPods, offering up a polycarbonate shell wrapped in Horween leather that comes in either black or brown.

nomadairpodsprocase1.jpg

A microfiber lining on the inside of the case adds an extra layer of protection, and Nomad has created the case with a built-in light pipe that makes the charging indicator light easy to see from all angles.

nomadairpodsprocase2.jpg

For those who want to add a lanyard or wrist strap, Nomad has included an attachment point, and there's a subtle soft spot at the back of the case where the button is for simple pairing without the need to remove the case.

nomadairpodsprocase3.jpg

The case offers a tight fit around the AirPods Pro case so it adds little bulk, and it leaves the Lightning port unobscured.

nomadairpodsprocase4.jpg

The new AirPods Pro cases can be purchased from the Nomad website for $35 starting today.

Article Link: Nomad Debuts New Rugged Leather Case Designed for AirPods Pro

Reactions: TheAppleFairy

Lyn2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
Only black or brown…boring, why not some nice bright colours like shocking pink, purple or lime green. The only cases I can find in a wide colour selection are the cheap silicon ones.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I wouldn’t buy it for the price but not bad. Nothing wrong with liking to keep things mint. There are options that cost a few dollars though and look nice. Considering that other than when charging the case is in a bag or pocket.

whyamihere

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
'nati
I dropped my case once and the real concern was the lid flopping open and the airpods themselves flying out upon impact (took a few minutes to find where one of them flew off to). So unless the case helps prevent that, it's basically just for looks. And if it does keep the lid from opening easily, then it would be an annoying hindrance if anything.

redneckitengineer

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god, a case for the case. Please stop this. Lol.

So I have a Catalyst case for my Airpods Pro....why? Because it has a carabiner to clip to jeans or backpack. And because the cover keeps the lid shut, there's a ZERO chance of losing an Airpod due to it falling out. So yes..cases for my cases have a purpose. :p

Reactions: Complex757

RickDEGH

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2018
Frankfurt, Deutschland 🇩🇪
So because you like how good it looks, you're going to cover it up with a case? ?
Like someone said, I like to keep my things mint. That’s my preference. Also the case is plastic so an impact on concrete could wreak havoc, not only to the case but to the earbuds as well. I’d rather have a working charging case than one that doesn’t charge my buds because of a hard fall.

Reactions: Complex757

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Not to counter your argument per se, but the charging case is in itself a product. I got the Jabra 75t about a month ago and I like how nice the charging case looks so I’ve ordered for a case ? from Aliexpress for less than 2€
How are the Jabra's?

Better than the Airpods Pro?

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
If you don’t care about ANC, then no question the Jabra is the better device. The 75t has passive NC which is adequate for my needs - I hardly sit in an airplane. Also the ability to pair to/and use 2 devices at the same is superb. Sound is amazing. I like the bass.
I am debating between the Jabra Elite's and the Jaybird Vista's
It's a hard choice

I will be using them in the gym a lot so maybe the Vista's since they are sweat proof

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.