Nomad Unlimited - Bookstyle wallet case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by soccer2820, May 23, 2012.

1. soccer2820 macrumors newbie

I currently own the TwelveSouth BookBook, and some of the things I don't like about it are the lack of rear camera hole, the smudge on the front glass from the plastic insert, the glue from the card pockets, and I *think* the bookmark tab (used to keep the phone in place) affected my proximity sensor (frequently dimming or accidentally muting/activating speakerphone).

So I took a chance and ordered this bookstyle wallet from Nomad Unlimited on Etsy ($65), and it seems to tick all the boxes with a few cons.

Pros:
    The pocket holds quite a lot, and I wonder with time whether it will be too loose. Right now, 7 cards and 2 bills fit with very little jostling. It also holds less without falling out of the pocket.
    Rear camera hole
    The strap that holds the phone in place does not cover the proximity sensor at all.
    Really nice leather and free embossing
    Darker leather than shown in the listing with pill-shaped cut-out

Cons:
    The interior leather is scratchy. (I have front and rear screen protectors on.)
    The cut outs for dock/speaker and vibrate switch are off. (I can live with it.)
    Flashback (I rarely use flash though.)

I'll update more when I use it for a bit longer.

Attached Files:

2. soccer2820 thread starter macrumors newbie

More pics

Attached Files:

3. tarkus44 macrumors newbie

Improvements to the original iPhone case

Thanks for your great review of my product. I have since made some improvements to it that I thought I should share:
    • I've fixed the location of the hole for the mute switch to allow proper access for both the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s - the hole is now an oblong.
    • I've also slightly enlarged and relocated the camera cutout hole to make the flash more centered in the opening.
    • I am also offering credit card slots on the pocket to make your cards more secure and organized.

You can see the new listing here:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/98046409/leather-iphone-5-wallet-case-book-style

Thanks again!

Jeff
    www.nomad-unlimited.com