Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yoms

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2016
Machinarium, Samorost 3, Gorogoa, Year Walk, The Frostrune (not very well known, but I loved it), Gabriel Knight remastered.

In a more funny genre, Secret of Monkey Island remastered, Botanicula, Chuchel.
[doublepost=1555957735][/doublepost]Buying the Amanita Bundle for $60 is many hours of pleasure to come
[doublepost=1555958012][/doublepost]Trüberbrook, but have not bought it to judge. Seems quite good on paper.

Reactions: ommachi

Yoms

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2016
The House of Da Vinci is good also, but much more expensive than the iPad version. It's in the spirit of The Room episodes.

I wonder why they supercharge the price of games on macOS compared to the iPad.

spooklog

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2015
New Hampshire
Don't forget about the classic Infocom text-based adventuress, such as the Zork series. I spent many, many happy hours playing Infocom games--each one was filled with wit, humor and challenges. Check this link out.

Also, there is always Myst, produced by Cyan, which forgoes text in favor of exquisite and enthralling images, each one of which can take hours to explore, not just for clues but for the sheer fun of it.

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2017
Yeah sorry, I meant the latest series of Monkey Island. The original is still indeed on the MAS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.