Non-Apple mice that work properly with OSX?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SirWilliam, Aug 5, 2011.

1. SirWilliam macrumors newbie

I have a couple of Microsoft mice that I love and I just cannot seem to get them to work properly. I would use a Magic Mouse if it was not so painfully uncomfortable.

I have a wireless mouse and the only tracking speeds I have are way too slow, too fast and way to fast. Then I can not seem to get the back and forward buttons on either mouse to work even though the buttons have been designated those features with Intellipoint.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Logitech Performance MX. Currently using it to replace my magic mouse and it's wonderful.

3. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

I had a MS bluetooth mouse that worked fine. I also have used the Logitech ones as well.

4. kamuix macrumors regular

using a razer naga. also has mac drivers too :D macroed all the lil buttons on it with mac short cuts.

5. rolschleich macrumors newbie

Logitec cordless optical mouse

I use a Logitec cordless optical mouse. Works as good as Mac mice. Needs even less batteries.

6. Fishrrman macrumors G3

If you're having problems getting a non-Apple mouse to work, try using either "USB Overdrive" or "Steermouse".

They make nearly _every_ 3rd-party mouse into a "Mac compatible" one.

With the great selection of 3rd-party mice available, why bother with an Apple mouse any more?

I've had good experiences with Logitech products. I have an MX-610 (gonna miss that one when it goes) and an MX Revolution. Nothing Apple has ever made can compare to either....

7. Brian33 macrumors 6502a

I like the Logitech MX620 mouse so much I have three in the household. The Logitech Control Center for Mac OS X software works perfectly (I have version 3.2.0) to assign functions or keystrokes to the various buttons.

8. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I use the Logitech Marathon Mouse M705.

You can't really go wrong with Logitech mice.

I can't stand the Magic Mouse. It really is surprising how bad Apple is at making a simple mouse.