Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Anyone know of any new smartwatches that are coming out soon that can be used with an iPhone?

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
I know of a one watch that works with the iPhone that has been released since last year but not very resourceful. There are no new smart watches for iPhone other then the Apple Watch. The Pebble app has not been approved by Apple so in my opinion, Apple Watch will be the only smart watch choice for iPhones.

charlie wax

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2015
Hi.
I'm using the Alcatel OneTouch smartwatch on my iPhone 5s.
It's compatible with Android and iOS respectively and it works like a charm.
Battery lasts somewhere in between 2-4 days on a single charge. It has basic functions and you also receive notifications on incoming calls, messages, mails etc. Google it.
But the deal breaker for me was the battery, it lasts so much more than Apple Watch.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Hi.
I'm using the Alcatel OneTouch smartwatch on my iPhone 5s.
It's compatible with Android and iOS respectively and it works like a charm.
Battery lasts somewhere in between 2-4 days on a single charge. It has basic functions and you also receive notifications on incoming calls, messages, mails etc. Google it.
But the deal breaker for me was the battery, it lasts so much more than Apple Watch.
I agree battery is huge for me as well when it comes to smart watches or fitness trackers. I actually got rid of one because I would take it off to charge it and forget to put it on before I left. So now I switched to one that has less functionality but uses a replaceable battery and only needs to be replaced once every 4-6 months. Since it's not considered a smart watch I won't mention it but I just wanted to comment specifically on the battery part of your post.

ipadpro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2015
apple watch still new and not many people care much ... i dont think apple release any new till next yrs..........

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store
The Pebble is another option. I had one until I got the Apple Watch. The main problem with it is that the watch is extremely limited in what it can do. You can't act on anything, i.e. replying to messages, deleting/flagging emails, or use voice dictation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.