Non-case keyboards

Discussion in 'iPad' started by intervenient, May 10, 2017.

1. intervenient, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017

intervenient macrumors 6502a

I've been looking for a thin keyboard that can prop up an iPad but I really haven't been able to find anything. The closest thing is the Logitech K480, but it seems pretty big. Is there anything like this, or should I just go the stand+keyboard route?

EDIT: bah, meant to post this in the accessories forum. My bad, my bad.

2. Precursor macrumors 6502

Precursor

3. smirking macrumors 6502a

The precursor Apple Bluetooth Keyboard works just as well. You won't get the flat keys that many people like about the Magic Keyboard, but the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard has a more consistent feel than most of the MBP keyboards of its era. It's a better keyboard than what the laptops have built into them and an advantage it has over the Magic Keyboard is its weight and size. I would dare to say that it's also more durable than the Magic Keyboard. I'd be terrified to drop the Magic Keyboard, but with the old Bluetooth keyboard, you could throw it against a wall and it'll still work fine.

Plus you can find new Apple Bluetooth Keyboards for a bargain on eBay and other second hand markets.

4. intervenient thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I was hoping to find something that could prop up or hold the iPad, but isn't a case. Keyboards like the Brydge are pretty close to what I want, but I don't care about the case aspect of it.

5. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

6. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

Look for the Logitech "Ultrathin".

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I really like Logitech Key to go keyboard, it is very thin and very light. Not too expensive price.