Non-Contract/Full Price iPhone Reserved (how I did it)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mpuck972, Jun 15, 2010.

1. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

In the interest of possibly helping others successfully reserve an iPhone4, here is what I did:

I went to the local Apple store and told them I wanted to reserve a full price, non-contract iPhone 4 32GB in black. At first they told me to to download the new Apple App and do it that way. I then explained to her that I had, and it was asking for account info and not letting me get anywhere. She then said they were having issues with both the app and the online store and walked me to a computer where I was able to reserve the phone using my itunes ID and password. A few minutes later I received the confirmation email letting me know to arrive at the store at 7am on the 24th to pick up my phone.

To be clear:

I didn't pre-pay or enter in any payment information
    16 or 32gb black were the only two choices
    I had to use my itunes email and password
    I received a confirmation email in a few minutes

In regards to the non-contract phone, on launch day they will charge full price ($699 in my case), and activate the sim to my phone.

So if you are having issues and just want to reserve I would head to an Apple store.

2. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

So you plan to unlock and use this on another carrier?

3. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

seriously? Just went into the Apple Store huh? Because I want to get it no commitment also (have a year left on contract, dont want to resign up). Can't order it online and the Appel Chat didnt help. Ill try and report back.

4. illutionz macrumors 65816

Only if the no commitment iPhone 4 is also unlocked (like in every other country) :rolleyes:

Damn exclusivity:rolleyes: