non-developers: update / wait

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by birthday, Sep 11, 2013.

1. birthday macrumors newbie

should non-devevlopers go ahead with the update on september the eighteenth or ignore the ota from apple? it seems like the gm isn't getting the best reviews on some devices. the gm ought to be the same — if i understand that correctly — as what the public receives next week.

i have an iPhone 4S and an iPad mini 3G. i am able to find many threads on throttled features in the iPad 3 / iPad 4 but not many on the mini. would anyone shed some light on what i should think about when updating?

specifically, is the blur still present in the iPad mini? how is the performance? i assume things are going alright with the iPhone 4S as i keep reading; relatively stable and functional. i think there should be a performance guide for iOS7 on different devices since it seems to be in various stages of functionality across the device spectrum.

thanks!

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

3. birthday thread starter macrumors newbie

oh, i don't think i was as clear as i could have been: i mean come the official ota on the eighteenth, for which devices is there a benefit in updating and which should be kept on iOS6 until a 7.0.1 gets pushed?

for example, i'm not sure that it sounds a very good idea for iPad 3 owners to update to iOS7, but what about iPad mini? i'm soliciting advice from developers who have iOS7 GM on their devices.

4. ramram55 macrumors 6502

To make life easier why not try on one of your devices, see if you like it, then upgrade, if not stay the course.

5. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

6. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

7. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

The best benefit of trying now is the downgrade window...

Can upgrade and downgrade to iOS6 if you hate it

8. tehreflex macrumors 6502

I put the GM on my iPad 3 and it runs pretty well. Haven't had any issues and performance is to my liking at least.