Non-Existent Adapter?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MaCamZa, Dec 30, 2011.

1. MaCamZa macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

I've been looking everywhere (ebay, amazon, ect.) for a 3.5mm to female jack adapter but one that has Apple's 'compact' slim housing like that on Apple's iPod Headphone jack (see below). The reason I want this is because i have Tiger Design's Blade but the way its designed, it is only compatible with Apple's iPod Headphones.

Isn't there a 3.5mm jack/adapter that is similar to apple's design so i can use my 3rd party earphones? Apple has a TTY Adapter which would be exatly what i want, except it needs to be 3.5mm instead. Is there nothing out in the net that exists?!

This is similar to what i think would be necessary except a 3.5mm to female:
    [​IMG]

Shows how the iPod headphones 3.5mm housing fits perfectly into case.
    [​IMG]

3rd party headphone jack (see how the housing prevents the full jack to enter)
    [​IMG]

Difference in height of housing:
    [​IMG]

Any ideas?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

They do exist. Many where made for the original iPhone as its headphone port was recessed like that.

3. MaCamZa thread starter macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

Do you have any links at all? All the 3.5mm adapters have the same housing as other 3rd party headphone jacks so will not fit with the case.

4. MaCamZa thread starter macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

5. MaCamZa thread starter macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

7. MaCamZa thread starter macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Monster-i...CA_Speakers&hash=item4a99ff7636#ht_1435wt_986

Im properly going to go with these. thanks guys for your help, solved my problem within minutes compared to my hours of looking at rubbish 3.5mm cables.

Just a quick question before i go ahead and buy them; will the adapter also support the mic from my v-moda vibrato's as the mic is combined in the 3.5mm jack off my v-moda's?

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I don't think so, you want something that has the same amount of ring on as the headphones. If your headphones have four rings, but the adapter only has three, the microphone won't work.

9. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

10. MaCamZa, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011

MaCamZa thread starter macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

V-Moda Vibrato's has a 3 striped 3.5mm jack according to my sources. Like that in the 1st picture in my original post showing the apple's TTY adapter.

------

In regards to my Bumper case... It bloody looks nice, feels solid and no signal loss from what i've seen at all! My only niggle are the little buttons that you put in wiggle a bit and can make that rattle noise, but thats only if you keep shaking your iPhone continuously. Other than that, great case, strongly recommend!

11. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Check the link in the last post I made. That has three also.

Nice. Does having it in the case scratch the antenna band on the phone? Is there rubber or felt inside?

12. MaCamZa thread starter macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

It has two pre-applie felt/grippy material already on the case and comes with 8 more pieces that you can freely apply. I pretty much covered the whole case with them and my iPhone is just resting on the felt surface not the actual metal case frame. Ill post some pics up tomorrow if you want. ;)

------

Can't see what can go wrong here for 99p w/ free shipping from China :L These are the closest to what i need i guess.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-3-5...MP3Access_RL&hash=item3f0f906f98#ht_915wt_986

13. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Sure, I would like that. One last question. Does the red bezel rest on the glass? Is that what holds the case together?

14. MaCamZa thread starter macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

It is screwed together with the silver bezel. It locks the iPhone 4 in place. Ill also show that in the pics.

EDIT: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HighEnd-A...ssories_RL&hash=item2301c2b577#ht_1139wt_1219

^^ The picture advertised seems a bit dodgy, but that would be what I want i reckon. It's got the 3 striped 3.5mm jack, gold plated (by the looks of it)?