Non Generic - HELP GUISE! Hoping for some techy help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dc4, Apr 17, 2010.

1. dc4 macrumors newbie

I'm only making this thread because i have read at least 10 other threads that have had my problem, but as always there are some differences which is why i'm making this thread.

Basically... I just purchased a white 3g iphone from ebay. I would like to use it with my gophone (that i've had for 7 months now)

I've read many things some say i can just easily pop in my sim card and BAM it works, others say i have to download certain "hacks" to get it working. All i know is just popped in my GoPhone sim card, and it's not working. Showing me the > slide for emergency and the NO SERVICE above :( I just plugged in the iphone to my computer and still nothing.

Since i did purchase it from EBAY... there will always be iffy doubts on WHAT EXACTLY DID I GET?! I'm looking at the back of the phone and i don't see a 3g sign... I see the Iphone then below it 16GB it is new...

they guy who sold it to me said he got a new one from the apple care plan or w/e and decided to buy a 3GS so thats the reason he sold his phone.

Am i going to have to call at&t? give them that IME? number or have i been jipped? some insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. dc4 thread starter macrumors newbie

FORGIVE ME!!!! after doing more and more research and toying around with the phone/itunes i got it to work!!!!

Really happy! Really sorry for the spam i've cost...... :( admin pls delete