Non Generic - HELP GUISE! Hoping for some techy help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dc4, Apr 17, 2010.

1. dc4 macrumors newbie

Apr 15, 2010
    I'm only making this thread because i have read at least 10 other threads that have had my problem, but as always there are some differences which is why i'm making this thread.

Basically... I just purchased a white 3g iphone from ebay. I would like to use it with my gophone (that i've had for 7 months now)

I've read many things some say i can just easily pop in my sim card and BAM it works, others say i have to download certain "hacks" to get it working. All i know is just popped in my GoPhone sim card, and it's not working. Showing me the > slide for emergency and the NO SERVICE above :( I just plugged in the iphone to my computer and still nothing.

Since i did purchase it from EBAY... there will always be iffy doubts on WHAT EXACTLY DID I GET?! I'm looking at the back of the phone and i don't see a 3g sign... I see the Iphone then below it 16GB it is new...

they guy who sold it to me said he got a new one from the apple care plan or w/e and decided to buy a 3GS so thats the reason he sold his phone.

Am i going to have to call at&t? give them that IME? number or have i been jipped? some insight would be greatly appreciated.
  2. dc4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 15, 2010
    FORGIVE ME!!!! after doing more and more research and toying around with the phone/itunes i got it to work!!!!

Really happy! Really sorry for the spam i've cost...... :( admin pls delete