Non genuine Camera connection kit, any good?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by shorn, Jul 10, 2012.

1. shorn macrumors regular

Just wondering if anyone else has any experience of using a non genuine camera connection kit for iPad?

Just got a new iPad for parents in law, and it will used as primary computer. Want an easy way to transfer pics from camera. This looks ideal.

Normally would go genuine, but the difference in price seems huge for something that they may not use all too much.

They can be had on amazon/eBay for about £4-5 so was just wondering if they are reliable?

Thanks!

2. SL4VE macrumors 6502

I bought one and it wasn't very good the connection was temperamental and transferring like 500 pics it would constantly drop connection so annoying

3. dvboy, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012

dvboy macrumors regular

Even the genuine one doesn't work most of the time,I only get a not enough power message window EVERY time I have tried it.Its beyond me how Apple could let this happen:mad:

4. Smithey1981 macrumors member

I brought one off eBay for £2.79 and have had no problem with it at all.

5. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

The ones I've tested were all rubbish. Don't go with them.

6. joekim1026 macrumors regular

I bought one for $3 on amazon and I've never had any serious issues with them

7. shorn thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm, still not sure then!

Think I might go with genuine. At least i can always take it back and have a moan if it doesn't work well. :)

8. number84 macrumors 6502

I bought on from photojojo and it works perfectly. But then again it wasn't one of those really cheap ones others are buying. I think I paid around $20.