(non GMail) Problem sending email in Mavericks

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hobbes3113, Nov 20, 2013.

1. hobbes3113 macrumors regular

hobbes3113

Hello Everyone,

I am at my wits end, and hope someone here has at least heard of this happening. I updated my MacPro to Mavericks with little ceremony, but seemingly out of the blue an odd problem has emerged. I was working last Sunday when I realized that I hadn't heard the mail sent sound after sending an email from Mail. I looked in the sent mail folder to verify that it had been sent, but the message was not there. I looked everywhere I could think of, but was never able to find the message. After verifying the problem by sending myself a message, I began to look for solutions - have yet to find anything.

I have both an Apple (.mac, .me, etc) and Exchange account, neither of them will send a message (but both will receive). I am able to send messages from both accounts if I do so from my MBP, and the settings are exactly the same.

I've tried everything I can think of (rebuilding, vacuuming, etc), but nothing has worked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

~jdw

2. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

What does Connection Doctor say? This is why Connection Doctor exists, to troubleshoot this sort of issue.

In Mail, Connection Doctor is under the Window menu.

Give it a spin, guessing it'll pinpoint your issue reasonably quickly.

3. hobbes3113 thread starter macrumors regular

hobbes3113

Connection Doctor said everything was fine, tried that already. Thanks though. I guess I should add that both accounts receive messages just fine...