Non HD eyeTV on 24" iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Grasbak, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Grasbak macrumors 6502

Does anyone use (non HD) eyeTV on a 24" iMac?

Just wondered, being that std tv is about 480pixel high and the iMac is 1200 -does it look odd or is it better???? Suppose the same goes for DVDs....

(building up ammo to pursuade the wife to upgrade!)

2. mchank macrumors regular

I used an Eyetv 200 on a 20" iMac and the picture was ok, but a little grainy and washed out looking compared to a regular TV. I'd recommend an HD version if you care about picture quality, especially if you have a new glass iMac.

3. Grasbak thread starter macrumors 6502

I think the eyeTV hardware is HD ready - but we dont get over the air HD in the UK yet.....

4. kolax macrumors G3

Same with any LCD tv - the picture looks dreadful.

If you sit back about 3-4 feet it looks fairly acceptable. I use EyeTV on my 15.4" MBP and in full screen mode the picture is pretty poor - I hate how Britain is so so so far behind with the likes of HD.

Some crap about not being able to transmit on a certain waveband or something - similar laws as to why the UK version of the Airport Extreme (n) Base Station isn't as fast as the US version; ours operates on a slower frequency or something like that.

Sigh, we'll get there eventually - maybe by 2014 if we're lucky. There is a lot of Britain who still can't recieve fecking digital TV, nevermind us updating to HD over the air.