Non-iPhone SIM being put into an iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jshort, Mar 24, 2010.

1. jshort macrumors regular

Hey folks.. here's my question:

I currently carry two phones. A normal, plain jane flip phone that my employer provides on AT&T and an iPhone on a personal plan. If I put my non-iPhone / non-data plan SIM card into my iPhone.. will I be able to do everything with the exception of data? (unless on wifi)

I'm thinking voice and text should still work? Anybody tried it?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Text and voice will work.
    Data might also work unless that account has a block on data. If it doesnt data will go thru and then you will be charged per KB used.

3. jshort thread starter macrumors regular

Hey I just called ATT and they said a data plan would automatically be charged to the account of the new SIM card.. can anybody confirm or deny that?

4. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's false. They will not add a data plan without your consent.

6. uneek1 macrumors regular

They will send you a text message asking you to call them once you start using enough data to catch their eye. I used a non iphone sim for a few days and never got one. But I've heard of people getting one within a few hours.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, I know people using a non-iphone data plans for over a year and never got a text while some others that got texts and keep getting them along with phone calls from AT&T within a week.