Non-IUP reservations?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gdjsnyder, Oct 4, 2016.

1. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I use this link (https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en_US/reserve/iPhone/availability?iPP=Un) every night right after midnight but it has never worked for me in the past 2 weeks.

Just curious about this. My local Apple Store has every iPhone 7 available for pickup so why doesn't this link work ever? If someone wanted to do carrier financing, reservation is the way to go but currently only the IUP reservation link works. Anyone have any ideas why regular reservations still don't work?

2. Superrjamz54 macrumors 6502

Superrjamz54

Apple limited the online reservations to IUP.

3. gdjsnyder thread starter macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I understand they did that. However, the regular iPhone 7 is in such abundance at the stores around me and every color, configuration, and carrier is available for in store pick up at multiple stores around me. So why can't people reserve this phone without the IUP link, since it's in great abundance. Just doesn't make any sense at all.

4. dagored macrumors 65816

I used the IUP for my wife's rose gold 7+ 128 this past Saturday. Went to the Apple Store for 11 am pickup. At the appointment I asked the tech what she had and I selected a 7+ 128 gold. We then proceeded to trade in our 2 year old 6's. Bought out right. Not one problem. All went smooth. Could not have been easier.

5. Superrjamz54 macrumors 6502

Superrjamz54

The hardest phones to find are both the black versions. If I wanted a silver 7+, I could have walked in on launch day and picked it up. Likewise for any 7 except for jet black. If you want a 7 why reserve one when they are readily available.

6. dagored macrumors 65816

We both purchased a 7 +. They were gone by 11:30. The line for reservations was long and by that time only they got phones.

7's have been available since day one. All colors except JB.

7. StevenL94 macrumors newbie

StevenL94

Well, aside from the iUP reservation link, you can also do in store pickup. Just place the order online for in-store pickup.