Non-junk mail falling into junk mail folder

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by pmcdn, Jul 2, 2014.

1. pmcdn macrumors regular

I've been searching for this with no luck.

For a while now I occasionally get some mail recipients messages that fall into my junk mail folder. There used to be a way I could click a "not junk " icon above to correct this, but it isn't there anymore, possibly since I upgraded to Mavericks.

How can I correct this so I can permanently redirect these mistakes to my proper inbox folder ?

2. Cool MBA macrumors newbie

Cool MBA

are you using apple's native mail or outlook? If you are using outlook, u can double click the msg while its in your junk folder & the option to " mark not as junk" will come up

3. pmcdn thread starter macrumors regular

4. Cool MBA macrumors newbie

Cool MBA

Right click > mark > not as junk mail..u can set rules in your "preferences > advanced" so that any messages from that contact in your moves to the specified folder you want..hope this helps

Attached Files:

5. pmcdn thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it. However, when I go there the "Not Junk" option isn't there.

Not sure why. Same on my iPhone.

6. Gochugogi macrumors regular

Gochugogi

I just tried the right click on an email and, indeed, could mark it as "not junk mail." However, it only works if it is tagged as junk mail. If it isn't marked as junk mail but is in the junk mail folder, that means Mail suspects it might be junk and you should read and either tag as junk or move to the inbox. After you move it a few times it will "learn" and stop showing up in the junk folder.