Non-live music mix software (DJ-ish)

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by quasipickle, Apr 13, 2011.

1. quasipickle macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm looking for software that will allow me to build a playlist, complete with transitions, and export it.

I'm not interested in software that allows me to do a DJ mix on the fly (which the vast majority of programs seem to be focused on). I'd like to be able to sit down for an hour at a time and work on the mix, come back later, etc.

"The successful candidate" will have auto tempo/pitch blend. Ideally it would have key and BPM detection, but I can deal if it doesn't.

I've tried MixMeister - which was working perfectly, but the new version just pegs my CPU at 200%, and looking on the forums, the OS X version is kind of crap anyway - shame. I also tried PaceMaker, but it's beat matching was crap.

I'm not extremely confident I'll get any recommendations for any software I haven't looked at already, but a lot of my Google searching pointed to threads here, so I figured there was a fairly vibrant community. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks.

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Garage Band wil do this but there is not automation, you need to "nudge" the tracks manually to math up the beat and maybe use flex time to slow or speed up parts of the tacks. I'd use two audio tracks and "ping pong" your songs. Do the cross fades using tack automation.