Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xfusejc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
I realize that it has only been a week since the new phones were released (even though it feels longer already), but developers have had access to iOS8 for a bit longer than that, and (at least in my case), a lot of apps are not optimized for the new resolution on the 6+. I've updated apps that announce "upgraded for iOS8" and yet the resolution is awful as the phone has to upsize everything.

It's the one downside to the 6+ for me right now, as opposed to the 6 where the difference is barely noticeable when an app isn't optimized.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Another reason why I like to be on the S-cycle : apps are optimized for the new resolutions.

xfusejc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
Another reason why I like to be on the S-cycle : apps are optimized for the new resolutions.

If it takes them that long to update apps (even Facebook isn't optimized), it's gonna be a long wait.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
I realize that it has only been a week since the new phones were released (even though it feels longer already), but developers have had access to iOS8 for a bit longer than that, and (at least in my case), a lot of apps are not optimized for the new resolution on the 6+. I've updated apps that announce "upgraded for iOS8" and yet the resolution is awful as the phone has to upsize everything.

It's the one downside to the 6+ for me right now, as opposed to the 6 where the difference is barely noticeable when an app isn't optimized.

While developers have had access to iOS8 for a while now, they did not know about new resolutions of the 6 and 6+.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.