Non-original screen on brand new iPhone 5c???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MiniMoke, Nov 15, 2015.

1. MiniMoke macrumors member

My iPhone 5c's Home button failed some months ago and I brought it to my carrier, together with he proof of purchase. They sent it to Apple for a repair but it was returned by Apple because, as they said, the screen had been replaced by a non original one.

Now the phone had been cut out of it's plastic wrap in front of me when I bought it less than a year ago and I can swear that the screen has NEVER been replaced, was never broken or the phone in other hands than mine. They sent me pictures of the apparently non-original screen.

Now what can I do? I definitely can't prove that I never had the phone repaired or such and they seem to have the proof to the contrary.

Are there instances where iPhones are known to be sold by official carriers with trafficked innards, perhaps returned iPhones where the former owner shattered the screen, had it replaced by someone with non-original items and returned it?

I had to pay for the repair out of my pocket, with still over one year of warranty.

Does anyone know of such occurrings?

2. freedomisle macrumors regular

Where did you purchase the iPhone from? I would return it to the carrier and speak with their management. If they are selling phones which could have refurbished parts then the manager should already be aware of this.

3. MiniMoke thread starter macrumors member

Bought it from the main carrier here in Luxembourg, the official POST!

I talked to them, wrote a strong but courteous complaint to their management.... but no luck. They just lost a customer I think. We have 5 iPhones with unlimited contracts in the family and our TV and internet is provided by them. So all this will change at the next opportunity