non-"pro" iMacs coming in June?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by chorner, Apr 28, 2017.

  1. chorner macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2012
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
    #1
    What are the chances of Apple releasing an updated "non-pro" iMac in June? Is there any information on this or will all new iMacs pro and non-pro be released in the fall?

    The reason I ask in specific, is that the new iMac I purchased recently has noticeably yellow bands on the screen. Upon ordering a replacement it was set to come by today but was "unexpectedly" delayed a further 2 weeks. Granted it's the VESA version which takes longer but regardless - has me wondering if I should just cancel and hold out to see a little longer.
     
  2. paulryp macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2016
    #2
    it was rumoured for March. All we know is sometime this year. Probably a keynote introduction rather than a stealth release. so september I guess.
     
  3. Lunder89 macrumors regular

    Lunder89

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2014
    Location:
    Denmark
    #3
    My best bet would be October. That is usually when they release Mac hardware.
     
  4. nambuccaheadsau macrumors 6502a

    nambuccaheadsau

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2007
    Location:
    Nambucca Heads Australia
  5. fokmik macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2016
    Location:
    USA
    #5
    no need for any imac for summer, we all hope for late 2017 to have Vega gpu
     
  6. chorner thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2012
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
    #6
    Makes sense. Thanks guys - I'll keep the order coming and depending on what's released in the fall... upgrade again!
     

Share This Page