NON PURCHASED MUSIC DOWNLOAD

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Daddymalu, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Daddymalu macrumors newbie

This might be an amateur question, but I hope someone can help. Since switching to my new iphone 7 a lot of my music in the library are in the cloud but not on my iphone. I can listen to it, but in the event no internet or in airplane mode I would not be able to listen to them. I know on my playlists at the top there is an option to download all music from the cloud to the phone, but there is not this option in the music library itself. Most of my songs are not actually in any playlist itself but just in the library. I was also trying for q quick way to put all my songs on a playlist but have not found this yet either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I am assuming you are using iTunes? If so, go to settings on the iPhone, music, turn on automatic downloads. That makes it so when you add a song to your library it automatically downloads it to your phone. If you have unlimited cell phone data your can turn on cellular data in the music settings too.

Unless I am wrong, you may have to manually download the songs already in the library.

3. Daddymalu thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help, I did do this but only after I restored my backup to my iphone. Now any new song I listen to gets downloaded, but not my old ones. Thanks again for response.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

no problem. You would think there would be a quick download option for all of the cloud music...guess you still need to go the computer route for that.

I never use playlist either.